Schmuck: Angelos back in Warehouse and in Duquette's old office!

Tony-OH

The Sun columnist Peter Schmuck is back on the attack again today as he reports that Angelos has had the top floor of the warehouse reconfigured and took over Dan Duquette's office. He then goes on to say that the Jim Johnson trade has Angelos' fingerprints all over it since Duquette said a few months ago that Johnson was part of the core Orioles players.

"There have been indications for months that Angelos and his sons have become more involved in the day-to-day operation of the team. The upper office at the Warehouse was reconfigured recently to include an office for Angelos, which just happens to be the one that used to be inhabited by Duquette."

http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/schmuck-blog/bal-orioles-ownership-fingerprints-all-over-jim-johnson-trade-20131205,0,1864647.story?track=rss&utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

What are you thoughts on this development? Is Angelos meddling again?

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The Sun columnist Peter Schmuck is back on the attack again today as he reports that Angelos has had the top floor of the warehouse reconfigured and took over Dan Duquette's office. He then goes on to say that the Jim Johnson trade has Angelos' fingerprints all over it since Duquette said a few months ago that Johnson was part of the core Orioles players.

"There have been indications for months that Angelos and his sons have become more involved in the day-to-day operation of the team. The upper office at the Warehouse was reconfigured recently to include an office for Angelos, which just happens to be the one that used to be inhabited by Duquette."

http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/schmuck-blog/bal-orioles-ownership-fingerprints-all-over-jim-johnson-trade-20131205,0,1864647.story?track=rss&utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

I think Schmucks reaching on the JJ thing. Everything else is disconcerting.

I am hoping Angelos was completely disgusted that Johnson blew the game against the Yankees in the playoffs last year. He was so mad, he ordered Duquette to get rid of that pesky Johnson. I am hoping Angelos is ready to make a splash to replace the closer and get a bat because he cares now.

I hate this. Especially if he took the GM office.

I am hoping Angelos was completely disgusted that Johnson blew the game against the Yankees in the playoffs last year. He was so mad, he ordered Duquette to get rid of that pesky Johnson. I am hoping Angelos is ready to make a splash to replace the closer and get a bat because he cares now.

Remember PA thought Vlad was a solid bat to add.

I had always heard that Angelos had an office there that he never used and it got filled with storage. Did the GM never have his own suite separate from Angelos' on the top floor? That wouldn't make sense, so what happened to it?

Angelos meddling again? I never really thought he stopped.

ETA, yesterday he said this. Please explain the connection

The team's business divisions seemed to be humming along nicely when the club fired executive vice president of business operations Doug Duennes without explanation in late July. That led to predictable speculation about increased ownership participation in the day-to-day operation of the franchise, something that — based on past history — would not figure to evoke confidence from the fan base.

Yup,Mr Angelos at work. Told Doug to clear out his desk with no reason given. Same as it ever was.

It's always difficult to figure out just what's going on inside the Orioles front office. The team's business divisions seemed to be humming along nicely when the club fired executive vice president of business operations Doug Duennes without explanation in late July. That led to predictable speculation about increased ownership participation in the day-to-day operation of the franchise, something that — based on past history — would not figure to evoke confidence from the fan base.

http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/o...6268315.column

It will be embarrasing if they get rid of Johnson, and don't make a splash to replace him. I will be hesitant to wear my O's gear around. Simply embarrasing.

It will be embarrassing if they make a splash, the new guy bombs and someone we already had on the roster takes over by the all star break.

Archived